Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tito's Burritos

What could be better than a unexpected surprise burrito, delivered right to you? NOTHING! This is what happened to me, when my love brought home the greatest gift one can give another. He got my present from Tito's Burritos, which is a cart located in Downtown at SW 3rd and Washington.

Chile Relleno Burrito

Ingredients: Pinto beans, chile relleno, rice, pico, cheeeeeese

Price: About 5 bucks

Length: 7 inches

Circumference: 8.75 inches

Sides: 2 different reds, and a green salsa

You may have noticed that I have an affinity for this type of burrito. I mean seriously people, it's a chile stuffed with cheese, fried up, and wrapped in a tortilla with beans and rice! If that doesn't sound like the greatest-effing-thing you've ever heard of, then you better just back up off this site right now! Instead of going to a sit down Mexican restaurant, and purchasing a gloopy relleno plate for 12 bucks, you get all of that wrapped up in a happy little bundle for half the price! Mmm... but I do enjoy a nice evening out with a relleno platter, endless chips and salsa, a 32 oz margarita and mariachi music blasting in the background. I digress...

My favorite chile relleno burrito reigns from Super Torta, which is the gut-bombiest, yet most satisfying creation known to man. I can't help but compare all other chile relleno burritos to the one that holds such a special place in my heart.

Tito's offered a less-greasy, more delicate, yet flavorful version of the chile relleno burrito. Crisply coated, with a tender chile center, the relleno was cooked up to perfection with just a hint of grease, and plenty of the cheesy stuff. A fair amount of pico, not too much rice, and some perfect pintos brought it all back home. And the hot sauce was to die for darling, to die for.

Rating:


3.9 outta 5

Would I go here again?

Of course! Would like to try other items.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing. I have to go through downtown tomorrow, but I don't think they'll be open in time. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they are open for breakfast and lunch on weekdays. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My buddy and me at work get Tito's once a week or so. We are wondering if there's any info about the Man, the Myth, the Legend: Tito. Where does he live, or has be retired to a remote tropical island somewhere from his vast burrito empire fortune? Is it a family business, or is it a front for the local MS-13 gang?

    ReplyDelete