Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kiko's Taqueria Uruapan



kiko's taqueria uruapan

Kiko's is located in Sellwood's food cart pod at SE 13th and Lexington. (GONE) I come here from time to time because it's close to where I work, and the burritos are generally pretty darn tasty. If you ever feel like taking a relaxing stroll around a quaint family neighborhood, and getting a good burrito in the meantime, I highly recommend this area.

The Fajita Burrito with Carnitas


Contents: carnitas, rice, beans, cheese, pico, grilled red and green bell peppers, mushrooms

Price: $5.50

Length: 6.75"

Circumference: 8"

Sides: red and green salsa





Upon taking my first bite, the words that came to mind were: sweet, salty, and savory. The carnitas was tender and juicy and had a subdued porky sweetness that flourished with each chew. This was complemented by the salty crunch of the grilled peppers and onions.  Bite after bite went on this way- carnitas and peppers, peppers and carnitas, with a nice layer of melted cheese and rice nestling it all in place. The pork itself lacked that crisp braised edge that carnitas often has, but I wouldn't say this negated from the burrito's overall texture. As I kept on munching, the carnitas dwindled, and more beans, rice, and pico began to spring up. By the end, it felt like I was eating a different burrito, but lucky for me, it still tasted good. The peppers made it through the entirety, but I only counted 2 bites of mushroom. Not the largest burrito, but just filling enough for a fat girl trapped in a skinny girl's body like me.

The Rating (outta 5)


Drum roll please...

3.7 stars

Perhaps if ingredient distribution was perfected and more mushrooms thrown in, I'd give it 4 stars. "Sticks to your teeth good!" Oh, and maybe it could be a litttttttle bit bigger! *wink*

Will I go here again? Why yes, yes I will.


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment