Sunday, July 8, 2012

La Torta Caliente

Ok, so this isn't technically in Portland. It's located in Sandy, Oregon. Just imagine, you've been hiking/skiing all day up on Mount Hood, and you need to reward yourself for all of that strenuous exercise. The best way to do that? A burrito of course! I, having eyes like a hawk when it comes to spotting Taquerias, saw this place on our way up to the hills and filed it into my brain for later inspection.



 
This tiny place had mirrors on the ceiling, a Spanish/English menu, tomatillos simmering on the stove, and a slab of beef sitting on the counter! My heart was fluttering with anticipation. High hopes, friends, high hopes.


The Beef Burrito


Ingredients: shredded beef, refried beans, rice, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, sour cream

Price: $5.00

Size: filling

Sides: red and green sauce


After moving my sedentary immobile lump of couch flesh up a small hill, I needed replenishment. All that exercise and fresh mountain air gave me a hankering for some good old juicy greasy cheesy beany beefy love.

I was disappointed. This rather bland burrito filled me up, but was nothing to write home about. The cheese held the most flavor, and was quite tasty and oozy. The beef had a nice texture, but that's all. It wasn't gross, just very very plain. The red and green sauce didn't even have much flavor. Boooorrrrrrrrring.

Oh burrito, how I wanted to love you! WHY BURRITO WHY!?!?!

The Rating:

2 out of 5 stars

Will I go here again? If I get lost in the wilderness and the rescuers bring me one, I will consider eating it.



No comments:

Post a Comment